Promotion Policy (Secondary) VI Std - X Std
- Students are assessed in Scholastic as well as in Co-scholastic areas.
- The Formative Assessment and Summative Assessment both will be part of School Based Assessment.
- Formative Assessment will be done on the basis of class tests, unit tests, open book tests, assignments, projects, oral testing, Quiz and other activities in the class.
- Summative Assessment is the Terminal Assessment of performance at the end of the term. This will be End Term Exam. The number of such assessments and weight age are given below.
- Students shall be assessed and graded for Scholastic areas – English, II Language, III Language (VI to VIII), Math, Science and Social Science. Grades shall also be awarded for Work Experience, Art Education and Physical & Health Education.
Students’ performance shall be assessed using conventional method of numerical marking in the five main subjects in Formative Assessment, which includes weekly tests, Assignments Homework, Practical, projects, Quiz and Oral tests, etc. Summative Assessment includes the End of Term Exams. The 'Grades' shall be awarded to indicate the subjects’ wise performance.
The 'Grades' shall be awarded on a nine point scale as per table below:
- Students will be graded for Work Experience, Art Education, Physical & Health Education and Life skills on a 5 point scale viz.A+, A, B+, B & C.
- Grades for Attitudes and Co-Scholastic activities will be awarded on a 3 point scale viz, A+, A & B.
- Those who get a Qualifying certificate shall be eligible for promotion/admission to the next class.
- Those Candidates who are not able to get qualifying grades(D and above) in all the subjects as per scheme of studies shall not be permitted for admission in the next Class(X and XI).
- Exemptions available to Differently Abled students as per CBSE rules shall continue to apply.
- Students of IX – X will undergo Continuous & Comprehensive Evaluation(CCE) as recommended by the CBSE, spread over two terms, one from April to Septemberand the second from October to March.