- Admission Policy
- STEP - 1
- STEP - 2
- Applying from Outside Tamil Nadu
The purpose of our admission policy is to help you through the admission process effectively and to help you place your child in the appropriate class at PGP International School. The more relevant information we have, the more effectively we will be able to achieve this.
To begin with, documentation which you need to submit with your application:
- A copy of EITHER the child’s birth certificate (Original) OR attested photocopy of the relevant page from the child’s passport
- Official copies of the student’s academic reports for the past two years
- Five recent passport size photographs
- Application Form
- Medical Record
- Transfer Certificate from the previous school. (From class 2 onwards)
Once your application is received, the admission process will begin. Your child’s age will give the initial indication as to the appropriate class, and the aptitude test will either confirm this or lead to further assessment.
Age :These are the guidelines for dates of birth for children entering PGP International School. We believe students should be with children of the same age, tackling tasks with the appropriate intellectual challenge.
Preceding Entry to the class
- Entering LKG - 3½ years by 31 March
- Entering UKG - 4½ years by 31 March
- Entering Class I - 5½ years by 31 March
- Entering Class II - 6½ years by 31 March
- Entering Class III - 7½ years by 31 March
- Entering Class IV - 8½ years by 31 March
- Entering Class V - 9½ years by 31 March
- Entering Class VI - 10½ years by 31 March
- Entering Class VII - 11½ years by 31 March
- Entering Class VIII - 12½ years by 31 March
- Entering Class IX - 13½ years by 31 March
- Entering Class X - 14½ years by 31 March
- Entering Class XI - 15½ years by 31 March
- Entering Class XII - 16½ years by 31 March
After receiving the initial documentation with your child’s application, we will arrange for an assessment to place your child in the appropriate class.
Aptitude Test : For entry to Class 3 and upwards, children are required to take an aptitude test. This will reflect what we expect a child to be able to do by the end of the preceding school year, though those seeking admission during the final term will be assessed using learning objectives from the current year of study.
Those seeking admission to Classes 3 to 5 will be assessed on their skills in using English and Mathematics.
Those seeking admission to Class 6 and above will be assessed also on their understanding of scientific concepts in addition to Mathematics and English.
We prefer to meet students personally and discuss their interests and academic progress with them. This process is also essential for those who have found the aptitude tests difficult, for we would want to carry out a further assessment in order to place the student in the appropriate class. If possible, we like to meet both parents.
At PGP International School, we always welcome students and strive to offer them a platform to showcase their abilities.
If applying from outside Tamil Nadu, please post copies of identification documentation and school reports to us.
The school will conduct an online aptitude test. We require you to ensure that the test is fair – that the work submitted is the child’s own work. Evaluating the test, if a talk with your child is essential, then a telephonic interview will be arranged.
If you are travelling with your child to Tamil Nadu at any time, after sending in the application, it should be possible to arrange for the aptitude test to be taken at school.
We would encourage you to explore this option, for we feel it is easier for a child to make the transition to a new school in a new environment if they have had the chance to visit first.
Applicants from outside Namakkal are often interested in the hostel facility. Details of the hostel are to be found in the boarding option. The address and contact details of a local guardian may be furnished at the time of admission.